And when we say thorough, we mean it. Servicing work includes:
There are two type of software: one forthe body and another for camera lens repair, not to mention that every lens has its own unique software.
For the lens, there are four things that needs to be adjusted:
- 1. General cleaning – to avoid dirt piling up and getting through weather seals
- 2. CCD cleaning
- 3. Check and double check all camera functions
- 4. Inspect camera resolution
- 5. External lens cleaning
- 6. Internal lens cleaning
(will require disassembly and recalibration after assembly)
- 7. Do firmware upgrade
- 8. Lens check (focus, aperture, and zoom)
- 9. Check how camera works according to manufacturer’s specifications and if calibration is required
How often do I need to get my camera serviced?
At least once a year, depending on the environment where you will use your gear.
What’s the difference between film and digital?
Film cameras require more attention towards their mechanical parts. These include the film pulling mechanism, shutter, mirror box, which are all absent in a digital camera. At the same time, Film cameras need light isolation of the film compartment to be able to capture properly.
Why is camera service and maintenance important?
1. To avoid expensive repairs, if not done regularly
2. The longer your camera settings are not within the manufacturers specifications, the worse your photo quality will be.
3. It’s better to perform firmware upgrade with CameraFIX to avoid motherboard damage due to interrupted update process.